Monday, July 1, 2013

June Reads

The Woodcutter by Kate Danley : Rating: ***
This book was very hard for me to get into. I'm not exactly sure why. It involves a lot of fairytale characters which was sort of interesting and there were parts with the woodcutter that I found particularly good, but then it would get weird or I'd get lost again.

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover : Rating: *****
If you didn't see my post about it before, well it was an excellent book. Well written and so emotional. I literally cried while reading this book which hasn't happened very much for me while reading. I'd blame it on having a baby, but no, the content was that heart-wrenching, I couldn't help myself. Even though there are parts of this book that one might not feel comfortable reading (the parts I cried about), I still think it's an excellent read and everyone should check it out.

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson : Rating: *****
I am so glad I left this book to read until this month. I needed a funny book after reading Hopeless. This was the perfect book for that. I seriously was cracking up and my husband would look at me reading, like, "are you ok?" I ended up telling him about the book since he knew about the one before this and he was all, I want to check it out! So he is now reading it on my Kindle too. He thinks she is a riot! Check it out if you haven't already. If you are a blogger or a blog reader, I am sure you've heard of The Bloggess. That's whose book this is. Read it now!

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern : Rating: ****
Great book! I was truly surprised that I liked this as much as I did. Marco and Celia's duel leads to love, death, excitement. As the first line in the book says: The circus arrives without warning. Find out what happens during the competition between Marco and Celia by reading this book. It was a very quick read in my opinion. I read it much faster than I thought I would a 500 page book.

My Beginning by Melissa Kline : Rating:***
Interesting story, I just feel like there could have been more to it or maybe not so quickly wrapped up.

A Walk in the Park by Jane Green : Rating: **
I think this was an ok short story. It pretty much left me hanging and wanted more to it.




3 comments:

two birds said...

i could use some good recommendations, so thanks! i want to read jenny's book, too!

TheTinyHeart said...

Thanks for all the reviews! I actually love Jane Green so that is kind of a bummer that A Walk in the Park wasn't so great.

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

My mom is giving me her kindle this weekend, so I love that you posted your book list. So helpful! I definitely think I could read a few of these! Thanks for sharing :)